For more information on the Grand Forks Public_ visit our web page at www.gflibrary.com
To get early access to our programs, events, and library updates subscribe to our newsletter HERE.
To stay connected with us, follow us on Facebook @gfpubliclibrary
A Universe of Stories
With the mission to encourage & grow a love of reading in children, Grand Forks Public_ is excited to announce the 2019 Summer Reading Program, a Universe of Stories! Through this mission control page you can register for the program, log your reading, take on challenges, earn badges, go on mission adventures, and see all the events happening during the program!
The Summer Reading Program and time logging open on June 1st and time logging runs through July 28th. All children participating in the program can turn in their physical time logs to receive a small prize and gain entry to our grand finale prize drawing (children must be present to collect their prizes at the Grand Finale).
Time Logs Are Available Here | Incentive Games Are Available Here
Pre-School Activity Sheets Are Available Here
Prizes are donated from various local sponsors or from sponsor funds. Thank you to all of our 2019 Summer Reading Program sponsors, the program couldn't be what it is without your generosity! If you wish to become a sponsor, please contact Aaron, our Children's Librarian at 701-772-8116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU to the Grand Forks Public Friends for their support of Children's Programs, the Verizon Foundation for their generous grant to sponsor our summer STEM coding program, to the Dakota Science Center for providing STEM education at the library, and last but not least thank you to NASA. The Grand Forks Public_ is a NASA@My Library partner. The NASA@My Library initiative engages public audiences nationwide in informal and lifelong learning with the excitement of NASA exploration and discovery.
Here's how it works:
1. Register to participate here, at the Grand Forks Public Library, or at the Little Red Reading Bus
2. Receive your time log, activity sheet, and pencil
3. Start reading! For every 10 minutes that you complete, fill in a circle on your time log. Once complete turn it in at the Grand Forks Public Library or the Little Red Reading Bus.
4. Keep reading! Each time log you turn in earns you a small prize and an entry into our Grand Finale Prize drawing!
5. Log your reading minutes, complete challenges, and attend library programs to earn points online. Participants earn an extra entry into the grand prize finale drawing for every 1000 points they earn!